Baking               Cake Decorating               Tutorials              

Monday, October 27, 2014

Strawberry Orange Smoothie







I drink smoothies year round no matter if it is hot or cold. A smoothie is often my breakfast of choice. It is easy to make and you can drink it on the go. A powerful Vitamix or your blender of choice does all of the work for you. All you have to do is add the ingredients. This strawberry orange smoothie is a healthy way to get your breakfast in while tasting good and it only has four ingredients in it.






The honey in this smoothie is a natural sweetener so no sugar is needed. This smoothie has a fruity taste and the honey adds a bit of tang to the flavor. It comes out a beautiful light pink color that is pleasing to the eye. Your tastebuds will thank you once you take a sip.



Strawberry Orange Smoothie

Yield - one 16 oz smoothie

Ingredients:

1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon honey (orange blossom honey is my preference)


Instructions:

1. In a blender place 1 cup of orange juice and 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
2. Blend until combined
3. Place vanilla yogurt and honey into the mixture
4. Blend until combined






What is your favorite smoothie to make at home?


Notes:

This smoothie can easily be customized by adding your fruit of choice.

Using frozen strawberries eliminates the use of ice, which can often water smoothies down.


Savor The Baking,
Chineka

8 comments:

  1. This smoothie looks absolutely divine and so sinful. I can't wait to try this out on Saturday afternoon while I'm running my errands. I love this. I also love a peanut butter and banana smoothie. Keep posting these amazing recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. I've never tried a peanut butter and banana smoothie, but my husband might like it.

      Delete
  2. I can drink tons of smoothies so I am always hunting for new ideas!! Love this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ami. Try this smoothie out and let me know how you like it.

      Delete
  3. I think I missed a few posts- because you have a new blog design don't you? It looks great!! Very bright and clean!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marci. Thanks, that's exactly the look that I was going for. It took me 3 hours to create a new blog header and design...lol. I'm glad that you like it. :-)

      Delete
  4. This sounds so refreshing :D And the photos look great too :D x

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-56305807-1