Baking               Cake Decorating               Tutorials              

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

International Sugar Art Collection and School of Sugar Art Part 3: Buys

This is the last part of my International Sugar Arts Collection by Nicholas Lodge series. Part 1 can be found here and Part 2 can be found here. In this blog post I will talk about the items that I bought in the supply store. I bought cake decorating items that I didn't already have and that I needed in some way. Many of these products can be ordered online at the Shop - The International Sugar Arts Collection by Nicholas Lodge. I will also provide other links for products.

 

 

I love Americolor gel and airbrush colors. The colors are so vibrant and are faid proof. I bought kit 1 in the gel food colors, which comes with a variety of colors included in the kit such as peach, forest green, and fuschia. I also bought a cute pin that says sugar with cupcakes hanging off of it. I will be wearing this pin whenever I go to cake decorating events or deliver a cake to a client. This pin will bring a sweet touch to a simple black t-shirt. I have been wanting the FMM tappits for a while. This makes my cake decorating life a lot easier when it comes to hand cutting letters all of the time. I chose to get the funky numbers and alphabet set in upper letters. These FMM tappits can be found on Amazon here.

 

 

 

 

Most of these items that I bought have to do with sugar flowers. I bought some confectioner glaze, which make sugar flowers shiny and some leaf glaze, exclusive to the International Sugar Art Collection. Only a little bit is needed for sugar flowers and the amount in these bottles go a long way. I also bought some gold and silver highlighter dust. These mixed with vanilla extract or vodka will make whatever you glaze it on look like real gold or silver. The petal veiner friller tool is used in sugar work to create frills and to create a veining effect in some petals. The Sugar Facts Size Guide is mostly used in making sugar flowers to know what size of gumpaste you need to use. I have also been using it lot in my figure work to make sure that things are proportionate. The ruler on the side also comes in handy for a lot of things.

 

 

These impression mats will come in handy when I need to texture fondant to look like fabric or other things. The lines made me think of courdoroy and they would make for some cool looking stripes. The fabric texture sheet set will come in handy for my figures.

 

I hope that you have enjoyed this blog post series and that you learned something that you didn't know about The International Sugar Arts Collection and Nicholas Lodge. I hope that you all have a great rest of the week.

 

Savor the Baking,

Chineka

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-56305807-1