Baking               Cake Decorating               Tutorials              

Friday, November 2, 2012

Feature Fridays: Halloween Cake and Craft Fair Buys

Halloween has come and gone once again and For the occasion I did not pass out candy to tick or treaters. Instead I donated a cake to my church for their cake auction. I had a lot of fun creating this cake and my husband even put his own personal touch on it by painting the pumpkin faces on as the border.

I am proud of how the hand sculpted gumpaste pumpkin patch and cobblestone turned out as the decorations on the cake. I had fun making the pumpkin patch barrel and hand painting the cobblestone to look as if it were real.

I also hand sculpted a gumpaste Happy Halloween sign to put on front of the cake with a wooden border to match the pumpkin patch barrel. This cake was bidded on the highest at the cake auction so that brought a smile to my face and it went to a good cause.

 

 

 

Today and tomorrow in Fort Walton Beach Florida St. Simon's Episcopal Church is holding their annual craft fair. Everyone from jewelry makers to crocheters and cross stitchers will be there. There is something there for everyone. I got a few unique things that I really loved for reasonable prices.

Above are pictures of some handmade items that I will use a lot. I will use the crochet wash cloths to put underneath my candles in glass jars while they are burning. I couldn't resist the pot holders that have baking related items on them. They have baking items like cupcake pans, mixing bowls, and measuring spoons.

These handmade earrings are reasonable and so cute to me. While I normally wouldn't wear earrings like these, since I usually wear 14 kt. gold, these earrings are so unique. The first pair are stone that are in the shape of an Indian head. The second pair are purple stone with purple Swarovski crystals.

The last item that I purchased from the craft fair is homemade honey. This honey is locally made in Florida. I like the Wildflower Honey because it is sweet. It is good for baking and for putting on biscuits for breakfast.

I hope that all of my blog readers are safe from Hurricane Sandy. Have a blessed weekend everyone and I hope that you enjoyed this blog post.

Savor the Baking,

Chineka

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-56305807-1