Baking               Cake Decorating               Tutorials              

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Homemade Cream of Corn


Corn is something that can be transformed from a vegetable to a great meal. Cream of Corn is something that I've always loved and something that I saw my Grandma often make. It makes me think of home. This is an easy recipe to make. You can use the corn of your choice or mix several different type of corn together for this recipe.

Ingredients
Corn (for this recipe I used white and yellow corn)
Sugar
Milk or half and half
Butter
Flour


Recipe
Turn top of stove on top medium to medium high heat

1. Pour corn into the skillet and heat until it comes to a low boil

2.  Pour in enough milk of half and half to cover to corn and stir until it is well blended

3. Separate the corn from the juice.

4.  In a skillet melt 1/2 stick of butter and add flour until you see it thickening, while stirring.

5. Add corn and cream back into the skillet and stir.




What is your favorite recipe to make with corn? Enjoy!!!

Savor the Baking,
Chineka

2 comments:

  1. well, aren't you clever! all these years i've been buying can after can of creamed corn and i never gave any thought on how to make it myself! thanks, chineka. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. 8-) Let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it.

      Delete

 
UA-56305807-1